We have full-time openings for a mid-level Python/Django developer. Please indicate your ideal start dates in your resume. As a Python/Django developer for Artemis Consulting, you will support a small, integrated team supporting our federal client. You will be part of a dynamic team that works closely with the client and use Agile methodology to develop a range of complex, public-facing applications. The environment presents many challenges and the ability to pick up new tools and technologies. Positions are on-site in Washington, D.C.
ABOUT ARTEMIS CONSULTING
Artemis Consulting is a D.C. area-based IT Services and Management Consulting firm that is on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. Our teams are collaborative, self-motivated, and focused on creating value for our clients. We are a growing company where you have an opportunity to learn and grow with your peers. We believe in getting the job done and having work-life balance. We offer competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefits package including employer-subsidized health, dental & vision insurance, 401(k) matching, 10 paid Federal holidays, paid vacation and sick leave.
JOB SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate for this position meets the highly desired development experiences, enjoys programming, and solving highly complex IT problems. The candidate must be flexible, able to work in a highly collaborative environment, prioritize across multiple competing tasks, work independently as a developer, and be able to complete tasks on time. Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
• Build front-end and back-end applications for search, retrieval and display of content from a data source
• Build workflow management user interfaces, to ensure process steps are presented in a usable manner, and completed
• Develop user search-related functionality using tools like Elasticsearch and Solr
• Participate in stand-ups, design/requirements meetings, code reviews, and internal technology sessions
• Work independently on development of code and creation of unit tests, using PyUnit
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• 5 years of solid Python and Django development experience
• 10 years of overall (OOP) programming experience
• Experience with MySQL DB development and management
• Experience with XML and/or JSON manipulation
• Experience with Search engines, such as Solr or Elasticsearch
• Excellent communication skills
ADDITIONAL DESIRED EXPERIENCE
• Automated unit testing frameworks
• Continuous integration tools like Jenkins
Undergraduate Degree highly desired but can be substituted with 4 additional years of experience
- Positions are on-site in Washington, DC.
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident or similar authorization to work (required by Federal client); background and credit check is necessary; we cannot sponsor employment visas