Serve as DevOps Engineer to our innovative and highly experienced team. As part of this role, you will be working with a talented team interesting workflow management and content management projects. If you enjoy working with the latest open source tools and commercial off the shelf products - like Confluence, Jira, WordPress, Atlassian, Jenkins, Ansible, Red Hat, VMWare and ServiceNow, this should be a fun and exciting opportunity for you. You must be able to work on-site in Washington, DC at the Government client’s site.
Administer managed Linux environments using automation tools. Work with team lead to help set priorities and technical direction of the development environment. Assists and promotes a loosely coupled service based approach to designing and implementing web delivery architecture, including areas such as virtualization, redundancy, failover, clustering and caching strategies.
Serve internal clients working on problem tickets, requests and troubleshooting. Install and configure tools, operating systems, and products.
The candidate must be flexible, able to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple tasks at once, be able to work independently, and have superior interpersonal skills. The candidate will work directly with the program manager to support emerging client needs as well.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Assists in the configuration of web hosting and virtualized server environments.
- Assists in the installation and configuration of application development environments for technologies including PHP, Varnish, memcached, Redis, and MySQL.
- Deploys the application and infrastructure in development and testing environments.
- Works in coordination with other organizations related to infrastructure standards and policies.
- Develops and coordinates lifecycle development processes and tools to facilitate agile development methodologies.
- Participates in application design sessions and creates system design documents. Creates reusable, service based components promoting best practice application architectures and designs.
- Maintains development environment to support the rapid development, deployment and testing of web based solutions using tools such as Subversion, Git, Jenkins, WordPress, and Confluence.
- Balances competing requirements to design, program, test, modify and integrate multiple applications and shared components. Independently diagnoses and resolves trouble calls.
- Works with customers to provide general support for web applications and technologies.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of experience
- DevOps engineering experience
- Linux administration experience
- Virtualization experience
- Experience with setting up Docker or other container-based systems
- Experience with Ansible
- Scalability and large systems experience
- Linux shell scripting experience
- US citizenship or permanent resident status (required due to US Government client needs)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- AWS SysOps or DevOps Cloud Certification
- Experience with ServiceNow System Administration
- Experience working within Agile teams
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Undergraduate Degree highly desired but can be substituted with 4 additional years of experience
- Work location is downtown Washington DC
- We cannot consider any overseas or remote candidates who cannot relocate to Washington, DC, Maryland or Northern Virginia
We offer competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401(k) matching, paid vacation, training, and college tuition reimbursement.