Certified Scrum Master – Project Manager
5+ Years Agile Experience
Full-time – Significant Telework Possible, Some Onsite Washington, DC
As part of this role, you will be working with a talented development team for a Federal client in the Capitol Hill area. Your role on this team will be to serve as Scrum Master supporting development of a complex application using open source technology stacks. If you enjoy working on challenging and dynamic application development projects in an Agile environment, this should be a fun and exciting opportunity for you.
ABOUT ARTEMIS CONSULTING
Artemis Consulting is a D.C. area-based IT Services and Management Consulting firm that is on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. Our teams are collaborative, self-motivated, and focused on creating value for our clients. We are a growing company where you have an opportunity to learn and grow with your peers. We believe in getting the job done and having work-life balance. We offer competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefits package including employer-subsidized health, dental & vision insurance, 401(k) matching, 10 paid Federal holidays, and paid vacation and sick leave.
JOB SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate for this position meets the requirements of the position, is personable, and can work in a team. Excellent oral and written communications skills are a necessity.
- Primary liaison with client team
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Create, update and maintain process documentation
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the Agile principles
- Assist as needed with backlog maintenance
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Assist with prioritization and resolution of defects/bugs
- Participate proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools, and best practices
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution with client and team members
- Empower the team to self-organize
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Must be flexible, able to work in a highly collaborative environment, and work independently and collaboratively as needed. Must be able to multi-task. Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and superior interpersonal skills are a must.
- Must be a Certified ScrumMaster with 5+ years of project management experience 3+ years of demonstrated ScrumMaster experience developing software applications
- 3+ years of experience with development in Agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical issues at a high level
- A thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures and ability to coach client team on how to use Agile
- Demonstrated experience in managing client interactions
- Exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills
- Ability to coach the team to reach their highest potential
- Collaborative approach to driving decisions
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail
- 7+ years of critical thinking and overall problem solving skills.
- 5+ years of experience in an Agile environment and strong understanding of Agile methodology
- Experience with Java application development
- Experience with 508 compliance
- Federal Government experience as a contractor
- PMI Certification preferred
- Undergraduate Degree (in in computer science, engineering or related field) highly desired but can be substituted with 4 additional years of experience
- Work location is downtown DC (significant off-site work permitted)
- US Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S ONLY; no visa sponsorship or C2C arrangements are possible at this time
- Ability to pass background and credit check is necessary
- Candidates who are not in the Washington DC area should not apply. This position is for a federal client, and requires some onsite presence.
Contact careers @ artemisconsultinginc.com with resume (MS Word format preferred)
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers