As part of this role, you will be working with a talented team to help do manual and automated testing at a Federal Agency client site in the Capitol Hill area. If you enjoy working on challenging QA automation problems in an Agile environment, this should be a fun and exciting opportunity for you.
ABOUT ARTEMIS CONSULTING
Artemis Consulting is a D.C. area-based IT Services and Management Consulting firm that is on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. Our teams are collaborative, self-motivated, and focused on creating value for our clients. We are a growing company where you have an opportunity to learn and grow with your peers. We believe in getting the job done and having work-life balance. We offer competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefits package including employer-subsidized health, dental & vision insurance, 401(k) matching, 10 paid Federal holidays, and paid vacation and sick leave.
JOB SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate for this position meets the requirements of the position, is personable, and can work in a team. Excellent oral and written communications skills are a necessity. - Under minimal direction, perform the role of test engineer for testing various websites.
- Works with the Project manager to create test cases and implement them
- Participates in the Agile sprint planning process and understands requirements and contributes to determination of story points for software functionality
- Automates and maintains test cases using tools such as Selenium for recording and running scripts
- Performs load testing of web applications using tools such as LoadRunner or NeoLoad
- Passes and fails tickets in tracking systems such as Jira
- Creates test reports
- Mentors junior test team members
- Participates in user testing, test planning and acceptance sessions for software
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Must be flexible, able to work in a highly collaborative environment, and work independently and collaboratively as needed. Must be able to multi-task. Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and superior interpersonal skills are a must.
- 5+ years of software testing experience including test planning, test case development, and break-fix testing
- 4+ years of experience with test automation tools such as Selenium
- 5+ years of experience with load testing of software with tools such as LoadRunner or NeoLoad
- Experience using ticketing systems such as Jira
- Experience using web collaboration tools or wikis such as Confluence
- 5+ years of critical thinking and overall problem solving skills.
- 2+ years of experience in an Agile environment and strong understanding of Agile methodology
- Experience with 508 compliance web testing
- Federal Government experience as a contractor
- Undergraduate Degree (in in computer science, engineering or related field) highly desired but can be substituted with 4 additional years of experience
- Work location is downtown DC (only occasional off-site work permitted)
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident only (required by Federal client); background and credit check is necessary
- Candidates who are not in the Washington DC area should not apply.
This position is for a Federal client, and requires onsite presence. Web: http://www.artemisconsultinginc.com Contact careers @ artemisconsultinginc.com with resume (MS Word format preferred) www.artemisconsultinginc.com
• Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
• do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers