ABOUT ARTEMIS CONSULTING
Artemis Consulting is a D.C. area-based IT Services and Management Consulting firm that is on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. Our teams are collaborative, self-motivated, and focused on creating value for our clients. We are a flourishing company where you have an opportunity to learn and grow with your peers. We believe in getting the job done and having work-life balance. We offer competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefits package including employer-subsidized health, dental & vision insurance, 401(k) matching, 10 paid Federal holidays, paid vacation, and sick leave.
JOB SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Serve as a UX Specialist as part of a team supporting our federal client with an information-sharing mission to build applications using the Agile development methodology. Be part of a dynamic team that works closely with the client. The candidate must be flexible, able to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple tasks at once, work independently, and have superior interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate for this position has experience in both visual design, usability and user experience.
Under minimal direction, perform as a UX Specialist operating as part of an integrated team in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of enhancements to new and existing applications.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Work as part of an integrated development team to design, develop and enhance new and existing applications
- Develop user stories and wireframes for identified sprints
- Design and execute user test plans
- Support basic visual designs for enhanced feature set
- Perform accessibility compliance assessments and reviews
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Must be flexible, able to work in a highly collaborative environment, juggle multiple tasks at once, and work independently and collaboratively as needed. Must have superior interpersonal skills and strong communication skills.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience performing UX role and related work
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience working with complex web application development and database development
- Solid familiarity and demonstrated experience in Agile Methodology
- Experience leading development of User Stories, Wireframes and specifications
- Familiarity with user test planning and execution
- Section 508/WCAG 2.0 Understanding
- Previous experience in Visual Design
- Ability to pass basic government background check
- Experience working in Agile teams
- Experience with music and sound related metadata
- Experience with automated unit testing frameworks (Selenium)
- Experience or exposure with ticketing automation tools such as Jira/Confluence
- Previous experience performing on a government contract
- Undergraduate Degree highly desired but can be substituted with 4 additional years of experience
- Remote with some on-site work in Washington, DC.
- US Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S ONLY; no visa sponsorship or C2C arrangements are possible at this time
- Ability to pass background and credit check is necessary
Contact careers @ artemisconsultinginc.com with resume (MS Word format preferred)